Aurora Soccer Club Inc. provides an environment that supports participant’s physical and emotional safety (free of bullying, discrimination, etc.)
Aurora Soccer Club Inc. has the following policies and programs in place to achieve this environment:
- Means for reporting bullying, discrimination and harassment as per Sask Soccer policy for all participants including but not limited to players, team personnel, and referees.
- Adheres to CSA’s Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Respect In Sport for coaches and parents
- Making Ethical Decisions for coaches
- Free of hostile environment - field marshal program to enhance experience and physical and emotional safety http://saskatoonyouthsoccer.ca/files/rules_field_marshal_program2.pdf
- Protect the Kids Policy and reporting suspected or known abuse
- Promotes cultural sensitivity training for coaches
- Implemented Guidelines for Interaction with Children Adolescents
- Implemented Abuse and Safety Policy
The below is part of SYSI’s Abuse and Safety Policy included in our seasonal coach package and available on our website at the start of each season.
3.3. Reporting Child Sexual Abuse and Misconduct
NOTE: The below information is not meant to be exhaustive or intended to or to use in place of legal counsel but is to be intended as a quick reference for use in a sporting environment. Consult with child welfare, law enforcement and legal counsel if child abuse is alleged or suspected.
3.3.1 There is a legal and ethical responsibility to act, when a person becomes aware that a child may be or has been abused.
3.3.2 Individuals are responsible for reporting concerns, not proving abuse.
3.3.3 A person has a legal duty to report incidences of abuse, sexual or otherwise, even if it has occurred in the past and is no longer occurring. The offender may still have access to other children and those children may be at risk.
3.3.4 Step-wise Action for Reporting Child Sexual Abuse
3.3.5 Many of the steps above would also apply when:
3.3.5 Legal guidance should be sought prior to suspension or dismissal
PDF versions of above are available: